SNV30239

SNV30239

Blogging about

I love blogging about... books

Saturday 8 November 2014

days of wondering....

I remember as a child thinking about things. Lots of things. I had questions too, lots of them.

Usually in those moments just after waking up...especially in winter when you didn't want to get out of a nice cosy bed. A bed of cotton sheets and blankets tightly tucked in...the days before duvets.
How did we manage before duvets? That was this morning's thought on opening my eyes.

But back to those moments Those questions usually began with a word beginning with w or h.......

I wonder why, I wonder how, I wonder when, what would happen if....

I'm still asking those questions ....in the mornings as I lie in bed  and stare at the overhead beams in my bedroom, which have been here for four hundred and fifty years.



I think about all the people who have lain here and looked up at those same beams , and wonder about their lives.

Of course I'm always asking questions at work...it's my job. Why did you do that? How do you feel? When were you aware of....? What do you think about...?

The moment I stop asking questions, I'll be in a box six feet under.

But until then, I'll continue. And it's a very important part of my life...those moments as I wake up and wonder and ponder.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can answer another question which I thought of this morning as I logged on here to my blog .

I could see how many people have been reading the blog over the last day....I can see where you come from....The UK, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, the Ukraine, The Netherlands...Brazil , South Africa, Germany,and one this morning from Mexico.

Hello, I thought , who in Mexico is reading this,...and how did you find me? It's interesting isn't it?

So, it's not compulsory but I would love to know who you all are ,wherever you live....and perhaps a glimpse of who you are and what you're doing, on  what is here in England, a cold and fairly bright Saturday morning.

Over to you....

First though, here's a song which has been swirling through my head, as I've been writing this post....
I'd always known the version by the Specials, but this is my favourite version, the original by Andy and Joey -and watch the wonderful dancing. on the video....love it.

 

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about living in an old house and the questions it raised. My house was built in the 1830s, so not as old as yours, but still full of history. It was here long before I was born and will be here long after I'm given to the worms. It is a privilege to share a few years of its story, and in return for that I must care for it as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get visitors from around the world too. I'd like to know if they found our blogs and stayed to read or if they were flitting by on a Google word search that seemed to match our blog but didn't really. As for old houses and who might have lived in them - fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's interesting how others around the world visit our blogs....that's why I wanted to get a glimpse of who are they are. Even if they're in Britain, it would be nice to know where they are....and who they are...

      Delete